PRE-SLAUGHTER CONSUMERS GUIDE EXPECTATIONS OF OUR CUSTOMERS ON THE DAY OF SLAUGHTER. OAK MEADOWS POULTRY PROCESSING IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING OUR POULTRY PROCESSING CUSTOMERS WITH A GREAT FINISHED PRODUCT. IN ORDER TO DO OUR VERY BEST, WE NEED YOUR HELP. BELOW DESCRIBES WHAT WE WILL EXPECT FROM YOU ON THE DAY WE SLAUGHTER YOUR BIRDS.
- Feed Withdraw: Possibly the most important step in your pre-slaughter procedure. All poultry scheduled to be slaughtered MUST have their feed withdrawn at least 12 hours in advance, but NOT more than 24 hours. DO NOT withdraw drinking water.
- Crates: All poultry must be presented for slaughter in suitable plastic or wooden crates. Turkeys may be loose in a stock trailer, but you will be expected to stay and help catch them on processing day.
- Drop-Off Procedure: Unless you have made other arrangements with the Plant Manager, you are expected to drop off your birds at 8:30 AM. Upon arrival and before unloading, you are expected to check in with the Plant Manager.
- Order of Processing: It is our intention to start with those birds belonging to farmers that travel long distances. While that may not always seem to be the case, please trust in our intention and allow us to slaughter in the order we see fit.
- Pick-Up Procedure: Unless you have made other arrangements with the Plant Manager, you are expected to pick-up your birds on the same day that you drop them off. Pick-up time is between 3 and 5 PM. Please bring plenty of very clean ice chests or other suitable containers for product pick-up.
- Sick Birds: If any of your birds appear sick when you drop them off, you will be asked to take all your birds home immediately and we will not process them until they are well.